Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Forthcoming

I've been rather busy with work on my article, coursework for my M.Ed., and ongoing search for PhD programs in Ancient History/Classical History and MA programs in Asian Studies. This should explain the dearth of posts for the past two or three months. I've also been reading the monumental Harry Potter series and will be writing up a very large review of the entire series within a week or two.

What my poor readers have to look forward to:

  • A review of the entire Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
  • A review of John Keegan's The Face of Battle, about which I've been procrastinating for half a year.
  • A review of Francis Fukuyama's End of History and the Last Man, which may or may not come anytime soon, since it's so vast and there's so much to discuss.
  • A review of Michael Moorcock's The Jewel in the Skull, which I've put down and will endeavor to finish after the Harry Potter series (for reasons that will invariably be explained in the review).
I've also picked up a copy of Thomas F. Madden's Empires of Trust, which I might actually review for submission to a peer-reviewed journal.

1 comment:

Michal said...

I'm looking forward to your Jewel in the Skull Review. I personally thought the whole Runestaff series was complete and utter garbage, but I'd been interested to see if you salvaged anything from Michael Moorcock's "minor opus".